Point Out An Error

ISP

Oct 2019
SV USA
you, sir, are a velvet-coated crank.
I gave the definition of a crank and proved it was libel. I am serious about this.

I genuinely don't care if you think I am a terrible person who sucks at math and probably should stick to chewing gum (I'll even agree with you), but I will beat the living shit out of you bud if I catch you on the street. Nobody calls me a crank. I can't stand people that don't admit they are wrong, and you sir, are provably wrong.

Oct 2009
I gave the definition of a crank and proved it was libel. I am serious about this.

I genuinely don't care if you think I am a terrible person who sucks at math and probably should stick to chewing gum (I'll even agree with you), but I will beat the living shit out of you bud if I catch you on the street. Nobody calls me a crank. I can't stand people that don't admit they are wrong, and you sir, are provably wrong.
Haha, beating somebody up on the street because they call you a crank. Ok. Not something normal people do.

I know you agree you can be wrong. I've seen it. But that is not the only thing there is to being a crank. Maybe this is how you define it, in which case you're not a crank. But it's not how I people define it.

ISP

Oct 2019
SV USA
Haha, beating somebody up on the street because they call you a crank. Ok. Not something normal people do.

I know you agree you can be wrong. I've seen it. But that is not the only thing there is to being a crank. Maybe this is how you define it, in which case you're not a crank. But it's not how I people define it.
I just gave the definition of a crank. Legally speaking, I really could sue for libel and win. I'm not going to because I'd rather just kick his ass (obviously he's punk who is abusing is vast forum powers... :( ), but I'm serious.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crank_(person)

According to these authors, virtually universal characteristics of cranks include:

Cranks overestimate their own knowledge and ability, and underestimate that of acknowledged experts.
Cranks insist that their alleged discoveries are urgently important.
Cranks rarely, if ever, acknowledge any error, no matter how trivial.
Cranks love to talk about their own beliefs, often in inappropriate social situations, but they tend to be bad listeners, being uninterested in anyone else's experience or opinions.

I say I suck at math, believe others are better than me, always assert there is an error in my work because that's my self-learning method (find the reason for the error, but there's always an error... duh), and I have no beliefs.

I am literally the opposite of a crank. I may be annoying and stupid in any give person's opinion, but I'm no crank.

Anyways, greg1313 can moderate all he wants to in here. I'll be waiting out there for him. I'll even give him the first shot.

ISP

Oct 2019
SV USA
Sorry for the confusion. I was talking about zylo, not you. I don't actually have issues with you.

And actually, no, I don't have much of a life! :)

-Dan
I'm jealous... having another kid, my business, teaching, and moving after buying a new house had me real busy all year. It wasn't til I started posting here that I actually had some free time all year. I'm up early now with the baby on a lot of days, so I suppose you'll have to settle for some sober ramblings from me too here occasionally. I do hope to entertain, but I might actually start getting a few mathematical facts correct if I keep this up. Wouldn't want that... :ninja:

100% for the record, I am not zylo, or scifimath, etc. I genuinely tried to get zylo to stop trying to disprove Cantor. He (or she) was driving himself insane I thought... Not healthy.

Edit: And my woman is smoking hot. Suck on that greg1313. Bet you never had one of those. Bwwwwaaaahaahaahahaa

Last edited:

greg1313

Forum Staff
Oct 2008
London, Ontario, Canada - The Forest City
Well, I was unprofessional and I apologize. I flamed you and you responded in kind so no real harm done.

Anyway, may we get back to mathematics?

Reactions: 1 person

ISP

Oct 2019
SV USA
Well, I was unprofessional and I apologize. I flamed you and you responded in kind so no real harm done.

Anyway, may we get back to mathematics?
Fair enough, me too then, I apologize. I am by no means professional... but I can at least refrain from being rude. I do understand the difference.

Reactions: 1 person