topsquark

Math Team
May 2013
The Astral plane
Why are you talking to me as if this platform is yours !
I never said it was. I was just giving you some useful advice. Leave or stay, I don't really care. But if you decide to stay then you must follow the forum rules and not flame. it's simple.

-Dan

skipjack

Forum Staff
Dec 2006
What did you understand "midpoint rule" to mean, MatheiPolo? Also, to how many significant figures should your answer be given?

The best way to learn something is to ask questions and have someone help lead you to the solution.
That's often the case, but may be impractical, as it can be quite time-consuming.

Just giving answers is not as good a way to instruct and is generally against the policies of this forum, whether or not you are doing homework.
We don't have policies of that nature, but it usually helps us to assist if the poster summarizes why they're stuck, because we can then explain things at a level that's appropriate for them.

The vast majority of the helpers here are professors or retired professors so yes, even if you disagree, we are professionals here as well.
The active helpers here vary over time. Some have referred to their own experience of teaching or tutoring, but very few have specifically stated that they are, or were, professors.

Feb 2020
Universe
I never said it was. I was just giving you some useful advice. Leave or stay, I don't really care. But if you decide to stay then you must follow the forum rules and not flame. it's simple.

-Dan
Do not assume thing as if it happened. What you came to conclude WAS YOUR PROSPECTIVE not the reality, "flaming" thing is your judgement, "breaking the rules" without stating the rules and how I am infringing them is useless.

Last edited:

topsquark

Math Team
May 2013
The Astral plane
Oh I don't know. Maybe look in the New Users forum? Here.

-Dan

Feb 2020
Universe
What did you understand "midpoint rule" to mean, MatheiPolo? Also, to how many significant figures should your answer be given?

That's often the case, but may be impractical, as it can be quite time-consuming.

We don't have policies of that nature, but it usually helps us to assist if the poster summarizes why they're stuck, because we can then explain things at a level that's appropriate for them.

The active helpers here vary over time. Some have referred to their own experience of teaching or tutoring, but very few have specifically stated that they are, or were, professors.
Hello @skipjack,
I am really glad to see your comment, since the beginning and they are bombarding me with these nonsense without giving a single help. When I was asking the Q, I was only aware of what is the usage of Midpoint rule and it's general mathematical rule. And after coming across this Q I was confused of what is needed I was thinking that I need another rule to solve it. But finally, I figured it out. You can say that I was a noob or Beginner to that type of topics.
To answer your Q about to what significant figure, actually I do not know, it's the Q as the Professor "my friend Professor" stated the Q not me.
Regards

SDK

Sep 2016
USA
Hello @skipjack,
I am really glad to see your comment, since the beginning and they are bombarding me with these nonsense without giving a single help. When I was asking the Q, I was only aware of what is the usage of Midpoint rule and it's general mathematical rule. And after coming across this Q I was confused of what is needed I was thinking that I need another rule to solve it. But finally, I figured it out. You can say that I was a noob or Beginner to that type of topics.
To answer your Q about to what significant figure, actually I do not know, it's the Q as the Professor "my friend Professor" stated the Q not me.
Regards
You asked for "help" with a question which is quite obviously a homework problem with absolutely no work done yourself. Then you proceeded to call everyone "bitter losers" because we weren't willing to do your homework for you. Though I realize you aren't wrong that nobody explicitly told you not to insult others, you have to understand that none of us realized that you were too stupid to understand how a normal person behaves or responds to criticism. Might I suggest that you work on acting like a normal human before worrying about learning math. In case there is still some ambiguity, a general guideline which applies regardless of any forum is to stop acting like a douchebag. It will get you quite far.

Reactions: topsquark