LateX Editor

Dec 2012
Hi,

I kindly ask if there is an advanced Latex editor that "auto" manage the page number in code and pdf, allow formatting, search etc...

I'm using TeXworks, but is like Flinston car in 2014...

Thanks
Ciao
Stefano

Jul 2014
भारत
Hi,

I kindly ask if there is an advanced Latex editor that "auto" manage the page number in code and pdf, allow formatting, search etc...

I'm using TeXworks, but is like Flinston car in 2014...

Thanks
Ciao
Stefano
I am an Ubuntu user. So, I'll give options related to that.
You can use Texmaker, LaTeXila, kile, Winefish LaTeX editor, Gummi, KLatexFormula and many others.

v8archie

Math Team
Dec 2013
Colombia
I use sharelatex.com. I'm not sure how page numbers would be handled, but at least one template must have it.

Jan 2015
Catalunya
I know it must be pretty late, but as prakhar recommended, TexMaker is a great LaTeX editor, and I use it with Windows 7.

Aug 2012
Is there something more lightweight then these?

A simple GUI to copy/paste from there to here would be nice.

Dec 2007
Thanks, but in Windows7 ?

Thanks
Ciao
Stefano
For windows I'd check Sublime Text 3 as text editor. It is easy to set up, helps a lot in editing. Then you probably have the best having pdflatex/ Miktex installed.

As pdf viewer SumatraPDF is really good, allows you to click the passage in the pdf and it opens up your latex editor in that precise line, besides other nice features.

The only paid software is Sublime Text, but it worth paying for.

Numbering pages is done automatically, also the pdf generated will have bookmarks from chapters/sections inserted in your text. If you install all of this your system can download packages automatically once you include them in your preamble.

With sublime text you also can set Spell Check (language/grammar checking) in any language, plus it has the facilities of commenting blocks of code at once, selecting exactly the part of code highlighted, etc.

Say that you want to change a passage like $\verb|\mathbb{Z}|$ to $\verb|\mathbb{N}|$ in your whole document. Then you select $\verb|\mathbb{Z}|$, press CTRL+D and it selects for you the next occurrence of $\verb|\mathbb{Z}|$. If you hold CTRL+D it selects all ocurrences, and then you just type $\verb|\mathbb{N}|$ what is done simultaneously in all passages selected. Pretty cool thing.