insert image

Mar 2015
New Jersey
How do I send image?

Insert image icon asks for url. What url?

Took picture with my cell phone and sent to my computer via gmail. Right clicked on picture in gmail and got HUGE url, which I copied and pasted where it asked for url.

The url showed up in my editing box with IMG brackets but no picture in post.

There used to be an option to attach image, but doesn't show up any more.

Any help appreciated.

EDIT I think I got the url of the whole google mail message.

Thanks

Last edited:
Mar 2015
New Jersey
Ok. Created url in dropbox, pasted it and worked. Image was huge.
Now i have to massage it.

Last edited:

romsek

Math Team
Sep 2015
USA
What you have to do is when posting click on the go advanced button.

Then down towards the bottom you'll see a button "manage attachments"

Click that and there is a bit of an interface for uploading your image.

When the upload is complete you'll see a link to you the file you just uploaded.

Right click that link and select copy link.

You're done with that bit of UI so you can close that window.

The link you now have on your clipboard is the URL you want to enter when it asks you for one.

Alternatively you can supply it with some other URL to your image if one exists. Perhaps it's in imgur or some other image repository.

Reactions: 2 people
Mar 2015
New Jersey
Many many thanks romsek. The dropbox url, even though I reduced it, was still huge. Totally forgot about advanced - did it before but forgot - my memory is awful. Let's see how that works out.

That's it. The Eagle has landed. Just have to rotate it. No problem.

Thanks again romsek. Can I still contradict you in a thread?

Whoops. Close but no cigar. Rotated image in original jpeg file but didn't rotate in post.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 person

skipjack

Forum Staff
Dec 2006
The basic diagram should look like this (avoid dropbox like the plague):
Cardioid.JPG

Reactions: 1 person
Mar 2015
New Jersey
just experimenting

Pictures unedited and show camera orientation.

In next post I will try rotating right hand picture to horizantal location.

I gave up drop box as soon as Romsek told me about "Manage attachments," which I had used before but couldn't find

Attachments

Last edited:
Mar 2015
New Jersey
Right hand image of previous post rotated into correct position.

Edit. I opened image on desktop, used edit to rotate image into correct position, and still came out in original position. Now I remember doing this before and had to rotate camera orientation when I took the picture.

In another post, Skipjack took my post image and rotated it, by "changing size," which of course means nothing to me (the connection, I can resize). OK, I will try resize on rotated image before uploading.

EDIT Image on right was resized. Don't piss in my ear and tell me it's raining. But it's a lot smaller in kb size and just as clear. As a matter of saving storage space I will resize.

Attachments

Last edited:
Jun 2014
USA
I sincerely hope this image feature will be used for something other than trying to disprove Cantor.

Zylo, are you familiar with the idea that maybe (we could assert) $V = L$? This deals with the notion of a constructible universe of sets. Maybe start a thread on that and discuss what Cantor’s diagonal argument has to do with it? I suggest this because it picks at the difference between $\mathcal{P}(\mathbb{N})$ and the constructible subsets of $\mathcal{P}(\mathbb{N})$ within models of ZF. I would perhaps start by asking you if $L$ is countable and why. If you are going to spend your life trying to disprove Cantor, this will no doubt be helpful to you. I would find such a thread very interesting in any case.

Mar 2015
New Jersey
Camera (iphone) in line with pg, button on bottom.

To summarize:
1) Took picture with iphone in line with pg, top of camera at top of pg.

2) gmailed picture to my computer and saved itto desktop.

3) Opened picture and used rudimentary editing option to crop.

4) In MMF editing/advanced go to "manage attachments" underneath editing box and opened. Then select "choose file" and it takes you to your desktop where you can choose file. Then choose upload.

Many thanks to all contributors.

One last question. How do you get image to appear above text?

Attachments

Last edited: