How do I show a single state trying to cross a potential well has less frequency oscillation instead of more?

topsquark

Math Team
May 2013
The Astral plane
2m in your equations isn't mass?
Ummmmm.... yeah. Oops! Sorry about that!

In any event there nothing special about the mass. The derivation of the equations is perfectly general and has nothing to do with holographic mass.

-Dan

topsquark

Math Team
May 2013
The Astral plane
Do we have proof decohered condenced wave packets are still waves?

Does a matter wave travel like a corkscrew? File:Zirkularpolarisation.gif - Wikimedia Commons
What is a "decohered condensed wave packet?" Are you still trying to talk about entanglement? No, the process of any action at a distance will not be a wave behavior. But your question about the tunneling does not involve entanglement. Coherent waves, as I mentioned, will act like a single wave.

I'm not going to join them to download the paper. In the abscense of any forces matter waves travel just like any other transverse wave.

Like I said, get off the internet and read a textbook.

-Dan

topsquark

Math Team
May 2013
The Astral plane
It does in that forces are not acting on holographic mass
Look, I screwed up on the mass part of the problem but there are no forces involved in tunneling! Will you get off of it?

You keep talking about topics that are over your head. Learn the basics, then come back.

-Dan

Feb 2020
Ohio
Who said anything about entanglement? I want proof a decohered wave is still a wave.

Right, no forces involved unless the particle is physical and prevents it from tunneling.

Feb 2020
Ohio
Is there proof that a decohered wave is still a wave? I know I said "wave", but I suspect it isn't anymore at that point. The quantum field still has influence on the now physical particle. It doesn't have the ability to perform quantum weirdness events.

Duality at all stages of a particle's life is a misconception.

Feb 2020
Ohio
The answer seems to be that the wave function was never involved. If a particle is going to be physical, it will be so from start to finish. A classical state. The quantum field doesn't use time. It knows the state of the particle from A to B before it releases it.

It is either a particle Or a wave, not both at the same time. The quantum field does still have the power to make it ageless and wobble when a particle. Duality is dead.

or is duality a Density Matrix? (mixed states)

romsek

Math Team
Sep 2015
USA
I'm going to reply this once.

Put the random videos away.

Force yourself to rigorously go through a series of lectures such as

Find and force yourself to solve associated problem sets so that you develop the mathematical tools necessary to do further work.

Only after you have absorbed the basic framework of QM and have the math skills to back it up should you come on here and declare you've got new paradigms that will upend everything.

Maybe you do! Maybe somehow you were genetically developed with an innate feel for quantum field theory and all your assertions are correct and us infantile humans here at mymathforum just aren't able to comprehend your new physics. Well if you ever want to prove this to anyone's satisfaction you're going to need to demonstrate a mastery of most all that has gone before.

Unless you are able to directly apply your results to engineering and give us all fusion in a keychain and antigrav shoes, that's just how it works.