GR deals with what is Real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

topsquark

Math Team
May 2013
The Astral plane
oh, everything I said is wrong ..that's nice, thanks for stopping by.
This is a Help site. We help people by answering questions they have or by pointing out their mistakes. That's what I'm doing.

If you want correct information then stop by here and we'll chat. If you want to make a list of posts where incorrect information is posted or remains uncorrected then I think you are looking for Facebook.

-Dan

Reactions: 1 person
Aug 2019
Pittsburgh
I think we could create an interstellar drive by shooting matter waves at one end of an EM Drive. Not sure if it would be necessary to give them a physical state in flight (in the cavity) or not.

Jun 2019
USA
I think we could create an interstellar drive by shooting matter waves at one end of an EM Drive.
I assume you mean an intergalactic drive, yes? Push the device outside of the spacetime bubble into the intergalactic void, then bombard it with matter waves. The directionally-prejudiced virtual particle interaction would not only create micro-spacetime explosions to propel the drive forward, but the "length" created would be much smaller than apparent distance because of the lower mass of the drive. In essence, you would be taking advantage of the seemingly "faster-than-light" velocity in the intergalactic void and your drive could arrive in the next galaxy before light does.

The real question is, do the matter waves need to be coherent, or would multi-phasic matter waves achieve the same effect?

Reactions: 2 people

romsek

Math Team
Sep 2015
USA
beautiful :D

topsquark

Math Team
May 2013
The Astral plane
I think we could create an interstellar drive by shooting matter waves at one end of an EM Drive. Not sure if it would be necessary to give them a physical state in flight (in the cavity) or not.
Well, I guess that answers my question. Thanks for actually responding.

Enjoy Facebook!

-Dan

(And, no. You can't create an interstellar drive this way. Too bad you don't want to discuss why.)

Aug 2019
Pittsburgh
Could microwaves be considered matter waves when giving it a physical state?

Dec 2015
Earth
Thppt , :p
Let’s continue the thread ... why not ? Seems curious.

Oct 2009
Could microwaves be considered matter waves when giving it a physical state?
Yes, and no. The microwave cosmology is build from the concept of a harmonic isenotropic oscillator. This means that its canonical quantum frequency satisfies about
$$\int_0^\hbar \left(\frac{\mu^2}{\sin(\theta-\psi)}\right) \times d\vec{\lambda} \approx -\frac{1}{12s}.$$
Taking into account the Heisenberg uncertainty principle in a complex separable Hilbert space acted upon a smooth Lie group of Lorentz operators, we see that the microwave concept can only be given a physical state whenever $\mu-\sin\theta\leq \tan\psi$. In that sense, the interpretation of being a matter wave is selected against, but not improbably. Further research must see whether black holes exhibit this Schwarzschild radius-decreasing phenomenon as described here and in the extensive literature. My hope is that it is, but it is not certain.

This is a very interesting topic. Can you agree that the decrease of the Schwarschild radius is related to a decrease is matter in the spacetime vacuum?

Aug 2019
Pittsburgh
I think it is the missing key to getting the EM Drive functioning.

Oct 2009
I think it is the missing key to getting the EM Drive functioning.
Sure, but do you agree or not that physical realization is possible only if
$$\int_0^\hbar \left(\frac{\mu^2}{\sin(\theta-\psi)}\right)\times d\vec{\lambda}\leq \frac{1}{12s}$$
This is an important point here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar Math Discussions Math Forum Date
Abstract Algebra
Abstract Algebra
Abstract Algebra
Abstract Algebra