GR deals with what is Real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

topsquark

Math Team
May 2013
The Astral plane
wow, so astute of you. Can't come up with an actual argument ..so post that.
It's not an argument. He's making a simile. The poem is "Jabberwocky" by Lewis Carroll. It's full of nonsense words.

-Dan

topsquark

Math Team
May 2013
The Astral plane
same thing
Okay. So if you are upset that he's basically insulting your work then are you saying that you are willing to have an actual discussion about all this? So far you have completely ignored facts that have been mentioned that you don't agree with.

So if you want an honest and open discussion you need to be prepared with a few things.
1) You will have to explain things in better terms than comments of the sort (gravity) = (space-time) = (real) and the like.

2) You are going to have to provide facts (or at least equations or concepts) that lead to ideas which are testable to defend your views.

3) If someone mentions an experimental fact (Such as the Higgs was discovered. Your response was that the Higgs is "a lie.") you either have to accept it or provide a good reason (either theoretical or experimental) why you won't accept it.

In short, you are going to have to start working to defend your ideas. Are you willing to spend the time to do that? I don't know what level your Physics is... Justifying your position on things like virtual particles alone digs pretty deep into QM. Realistically we aren't going to be able to hold a conversation on that which doesn't get pretty hairy. At least, I'm assuming you don't know how to calcuate amplitudes from Feynman diagrams. You may have to accept some things I say are true even if you can't either fully grasp the situation or don't agree with it.

I would be happy to have an actual discussion with you on this. But if you are just going to try to continue to use this thread as a platform for your ideas and nothing else then forget it. If you want to work: good. I'll do my best to go over things with you. Hey, buried in there you might have some interesting concepts. But if you just want to spout more random "facts" without making sure they are based on experiment or theory then I'm not going to waste my time. In that case go away.

Your call.

-Dan

Jun 2014
USA
Don't do it scifimath! The moment you start spouting anything other than gibberish, I speculate some of the folks here will become uninterested in conversing with you at all. And by some of the folks, I could mean all of them. :eek:

Reactions: 2 people
Dec 2015
Earth
Our perception is a double-logic law .
When we think about existence or the coexistence , we perceive it simultaneously.(imagine it):)

romsek

Math Team
Sep 2015
USA
wow, so astute of you. Can't come up with an actual argument ..so post that.
Let me ask you this.

Do you have a rock solid grasp of General Relativity and the Standard Cosmological model?

Until you've achieved that, and hundreds if not tens of thousands have, don't start talking nonsense about how you believe the universe to exist that flies in the face of these well established theories unless you are addressing a specific experimental finding that does.

Such findings do exist. We seem to be unable to get experiments to agree on the value of the Hubble Constant for one.

Further, as this is a math/physics board, you should be discussing what parts of GR are involved in these experimental aberrations and what may have to be modified in order to explain them.

What you don't do is spout things like

Any object in interstellar space was likely formed in a spacetime bubble and then was tossed out.
and expect anyone to take you seriously.

Good Day.

Reactions: 1 person
Aug 2019
Pittsburgh
Higgs is lie because particles are not assigned mass by some random particle they decided to name the higgs boson. The higgs field is just spacetime and the matter field. Particles are real when they are given a physical state.

topsquark

Math Team
May 2013
The Astral plane
Higgs is lie because particles are not assigned mass by some random particle they decided to name the higgs boson. The higgs field is just spacetime and the matter field. Particles are real when they are given a physical state.
Okay. You are wrong on pretty much all of this. Are you accepting my proposal to have a discussion? I'll check back later. If you say yes then I'll give you an answer.

-Dan

Aug 2019
Pittsburgh
oh, everything I said is wrong ..that's nice, thanks for stopping by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar Math Discussions Math Forum Date
Abstract Algebra
Abstract Algebra
Abstract Algebra
Abstract Algebra