Elves and macaroons

Jun 2019
USA
Oh my god... Anouk's breakfast macaroon!

...I are dumb.

Indeed, the answer begins with 35, and ends in a double digit.

Last edited:
Dec 2019
ok
Oh my god... Anouk's breakfast macaroon!

...I are dumb.

Indeed, the answer begins with 35, and ends in a double digit.
So what's the right calculation? And don't call yourself dumb because I wouldn't even have been able to create formulas. ;)

skipjack

Forum Staff
Dec 2006
If the arithmetic is correct, but the answer is wrong, what does that tell you? Yes, that final macaroon to Anouk wasn't noticed.

Dec 2019
ok
If the arithmetic is correct, but the answer is wrong, what does that tell you? Yes, that final macaroon to Anouk wasn't noticed.
Jack can you tell me how to do it please? I'm dying to know

Jun 2019
USA
Yup. Exactly why we start with verification, but always go to verification before we deliver on a project.

How to calculate it?
Well, you've seen in detail how I did it for almost the right problem, and you now know what I missed. Why don't you go through and try to do it yourself for the right problem.

Dec 2019
ok
Yup. Exactly why we start with verification, but always go to verification before we deliver on a project.

Well, you've seen in detail how I did it for almost the right problem, and you now know what I missed. Why don't you go through and try to do it yourself for the right problem.
I tried to solve it but my answer doesn't start with 35.. Can you give me the calculation so I can see what I did wrong?

Dec 2019
ok
I can, but I won't. If you show me your work, however, I can help you figure out where you've gone wrong.
You know what? Nevermind. I haven't found one person that actually wants to give me the calculation so I can see what I did wrong. This is about what I did wrong, not about you wanting to look like an 'intelligent person' since you can 'correct' me so people will look at you in awe.

Thanks for the previous calculations. I'm out.

skipjack

Forum Staff
Dec 2006
You used DarnItJimImAnEngineer's method, but DarnItJimImAnEngineer had overlooked the final macaroon given to Anouk, so you both arrived at the solution of a slightly different problem.

Now that you know your mistake, you can start afresh. Did you notice that "at least" was italicized in the original question? Why was that done? Why are you expecting calculation? Or rather, why do you think calculations are important in obtaining the answer?

Similar Math Discussions Math Forum Date
Advanced Statistics