Math Team
Sep 2015
USA
as OP couldn't be bothered....

Clipboard01.jpg

skipjack

Forum Staff
Dec 2006
Consider the area of the garden, excluding the path, if x = 0.

Have you done #2?

Feb 2020
dublin, ca
Consider the area of the garden, excluding the path, if x = 0.

Have you done #2?
Hello @skipjack, thanks for your reply. I did #2 and after few repeated attempt, I understood my own mistake doing#3 and solved it. Thanks again.

Feb 2020
dublin, ca
as OP couldn't be bothered....

View attachment 10894
Hello Romsek, first of all , I didn't know how to explain in words the math and I was unclear of the ask from the beginning.

Do you know , when people ask for help, they could be confused or totally lost and looking for guidance. Your guidance could be the little lamp in the dark ocean the boat can use to go the shore. Be a lamp or a storm to sink. You choose.

Feb 2020
dublin, ca
I recommend starting here:
Sure, I would take your advice into consideration. You might need same as there is a saying "what you dish out to others will be served back to you".

romsek

Math Team
Sep 2015
USA
Hello Romsek, first of all , I didn't know how to explain in words the math and I was unclear of the ask from the beginning.

Do you know , when people ask for help, they could be confused or totally lost and looking for guidance. Your guidance could be the little lamp in the dark ocean the boat can use to go the shore. Be a lamp or a storm to sink. You choose.
all i was referring to was the fact that you posted a vertical picture small and horizontally so we couldn't easily read it.
we're happy to be your lamp, throw us a bone.

skipjack

Forum Staff
Dec 2006
Question #2 was really poor. For question #3, the corner rectangles (if one assumes they are rectangles) can be combined into a rectangle measuring (16 - x) feet by (8 - x) feet, so their combined area is easily expressed in terms of x.