My Math Forum  

Go Back   My Math Forum > High School Math Forum > Trigonometry

Trigonometry Trigonometry Math Forum


Thanks Tree9Thanks
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
July 5th, 2017, 10:11 AM   #21
Math Team
 
Joined: Dec 2013
From: Colombia

Posts: 7,032
Thanks: 2342

Math Focus: Mainly analysis and algebra
I'm in danger of using inflammatory language if this carries on.
v8archie is offline  
 
July 5th, 2017, 10:21 AM   #22
Banned Camp
 
Joined: Jul 2010

Posts: 118
Thanks: 0

This is the first time.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benit13 View Post
But it can! We've been trying to tell you this for 2 years now...
Listen, this is the first time in history that physical measurement is required in the geometric field.
Therefore, I am not surprised at the opposition against me.
I also understand the source of this objection.
At any time in the future, a respected scientific institution will conduct the experiment I have proposed.
At least they knew that there was a heated debate on the subject

Thanks
aetzbar is offline  
July 5th, 2017, 10:25 AM   #23
Banned Camp
 
Joined: Jul 2010

Posts: 118
Thanks: 0

Give a smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8archie View Post
I'm in danger of using inflammatory language if this carries on.
Give a smile, laughter cures everything
aetzbar is offline  
July 5th, 2017, 10:25 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2014
From: Glasgow

Posts: 2,074
Thanks: 695

Math Focus: Physics, mathematical modelling, numerical and computational solutions
Quote:
Originally Posted by aetzbar View Post
Listen, this is the first time in history that physical measurement is required in the geometric field.
No it's not, because there is mathematical proof of the constancy of pi in Euclidean space.

Quote:
Therefore, I am not surprised at the opposition against me.
I also understand the source of this objection.
At any time in the future, a respected scientific institution will conduct the experiment I have proposed.
At least they knew that there was a heated debate on the subject

Thanks
What are you talking about? Ancient Greeks have derived proofs and done the experiments you're talking about and come to the conclusion that pi is a constant.

Last edited by Benit13; July 5th, 2017 at 10:31 AM.
Benit13 is offline  
July 5th, 2017, 10:34 AM   #25
Banned Camp
 
Joined: Jul 2010

Posts: 118
Thanks: 0

Your inner truth

est your inner truth well and you will find that there is no such proof.
The ancient Greeks also did not conduct the experiment I presented.
This experiment requires very precise mechanical technology, which exists only in the years of this century
Thanks
aetzbar is offline  
July 5th, 2017, 10:35 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2016
From: USA

Posts: 824
Thanks: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by aetzbar View Post
Listen, this is the first time in history that physical measurement is required in the geometric field.
Therefore, I am not surprised at the opposition against me.
I also understand the source of this objection.
At any time in the future, a respected scientific institution will conduct the experiment I have proposed.
At least they knew that there was a heated debate on the subject

Thanks
I suggest you spend your time trying to get a "respected scientific institution" to do your experiment.

Whatever the result will be (I am highly confident that it will disprove your assertion about physical squares) will be of no relevance to mathematics, which is about ideals, not physical things.

My recommendation is that your threads be deleted and that you be banned: this is an educational site, and your drivel is very likely to detract from rather add to the education of those in need of help.
JeffM1 is offline  
July 5th, 2017, 10:48 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2014
From: Glasgow

Posts: 2,074
Thanks: 695

Math Focus: Physics, mathematical modelling, numerical and computational solutions
Here we go again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aetzbar View Post
est your inner truth well and you will find that there is no such proof.
Here's one Proof: Pi is Constant | Math Wiki | Fandom powered by Wikia

There's more too if you bother to look for them.

Quote:
The ancient Greeks also did not conduct the experiment I presented.
No they didn't, because your experiment is flawed (for reasons I posted). The ones that the Greeks did were not flawed.

Here's an example of the kind of work they were doing. Obviously they didn't have a scripting language to quickly obtain calculations on a computer, but their conclusions were the same.

Pi from Pythagoras

Quote:
This experiment requires very precise mechanical technology, which exists only in the years of this century
Thanks
It doesn't matter whether you use a ruler or an electron microscope; the only difference is the precision by which they can determine the constancy of pi, thereby constraining the limits by which we can be confident that pi is indeed constant.
Thanks from v8archie
Benit13 is offline  
July 5th, 2017, 11:17 AM   #28
Math Team
 
Joined: Dec 2013
From: Colombia

Posts: 7,032
Thanks: 2342

Math Focus: Mainly analysis and algebra
Quote:
Originally Posted by aetzbar View Post
est your inner truth well and you will find that there is no such proof
Ah! Mystic BS. That'll convince every rational person. One wonders why the creationists haven't tried that approach.
v8archie is offline  
July 5th, 2017, 11:36 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2016
From: USA

Posts: 824
Thanks: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benit13 View Post
It doesn't matter whether you use a ruler or an electron microscope; the only difference is the precision by which they can determine the constancy of pi, thereby constraining the limits by which we can be confident that pi is indeed constant.
I disagree.

The uncertainty of the results of an experiment to confirm the constancy of $\pi$ does not affect the confidence that $\pi$ is a constant.

The uncertainty relates to the uncertain process of physical measurement. No physical experiment says anything about mathematics, which deals with non-physical ideas.
JeffM1 is offline  
July 5th, 2017, 12:14 PM   #30
Banned Camp
 
Joined: Jul 2010

Posts: 118
Thanks: 0

Equality and inequality

Logically, equality can not be proved
On the other hand, it is possible to prove inequality.
Therefore, there is no proof of a single number of pie
aetzbar is offline  
Closed Thread

  My Math Forum > High School Math Forum > Trigonometry

Tags
circles, existed, fixed, number



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How do you show a Möbius transformation maps circles to circles and lines? math93 Geometry 0 November 3rd, 2015 03:43 PM
RiDo Circles. Sin & Cos Circles RiDo Algebra 2 June 21st, 2012 02:31 AM
Number of Necklace/Bracelets With Fixed Number of Beads UnreasonableSin Number Theory 2 June 13th, 2010 01:03 AM
Convert binary range with fixed number of zeros/ones hans-de-jong Number Theory 2 June 30th, 2009 05:15 PM
Fixed Points mathbalarka Calculus 1 December 31st, 1969 04:00 PM





Copyright © 2017 My Math Forum. All rights reserved.