My Math Forum  

Go Back   My Math Forum > Science Forums > Physics

Physics Physics Forum


Thanks Tree4Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
June 9th, 2015, 10:24 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Joined: Dec 2014
From: Brazil

Posts: 203
Thanks: 1

which direction the times flow?

This question intrigues me already some time, I thought had a answer , but the results given to a numbers so amazing, what I abandoned the idea.
The time pass, this is a unanimity, but in wich direction? I only can imagine of outside to inside, in the other words, of world subatomic to atomic world, can think too the out of space-time to inside the space-time.
Time is intrinsic related to concept of move, is like a river flowing always. Is reasonable think the mass being create (to be in move) all the time, came to subatomic to atomic world, or , the out side of space-time to inside of space- time.
This last think it is what I like, I think space-time like a device to put in motion a part of the eternal now( present). Here arises the problem of numbers, if this idea is true, the energy to transform in mass, in the other words, the conversion the energy to a mass, second the equation of Einstein, taking in count the whole mass of universe, would be almost unthinkable. I make choice for the solution although is controverse, at least give a answer to which direction the time flows, inwardly in all the corpus of physic world.



Lucio

Last edited by lemgruber; June 9th, 2015 at 10:40 AM.
lemgruber is offline  
 
June 9th, 2015, 12:17 PM   #2
Math Team
 
topsquark's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2013
From: The Astral plane

Posts: 2,162
Thanks: 879

Math Focus: Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff.
My two cents: To paraphrase Pauli: "This is not only not right, it isn't even wrong."

I'm out.

-Dan
topsquark is offline  
June 9th, 2015, 12:29 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Joined: Dec 2014
From: Brazil

Posts: 203
Thanks: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by topsquark View Post
My two cents: To paraphrase Pauli: "This is not only not right, it isn't even wrong."

I'm out.

-Dan
Dan,


I do not blame you.
The Idea that time be present in every atoms of universe and modify them, in every moment is controverse. But is the only to offer answer about how time works, with It is possible imagine every corpus ( even atoms) change an every moment even stand still locally.


Lucio

Last edited by lemgruber; June 9th, 2015 at 12:37 PM.
lemgruber is offline  
June 9th, 2015, 12:54 PM   #4
Math Team
 
topsquark's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2013
From: The Astral plane

Posts: 2,162
Thanks: 879

Math Focus: Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemgruber View Post
Dan,


I do not blame you.
The Idea that time be present in every atoms of universe and modify them, in every moment is controverse. But is the only to offer answer about how time works, with It is possible imagine every corpus ( even atoms) change an every moment even stand still locally.


Lucio
There's no controversy. I am telling you that you have so much wrong in here that I can't even find a place to start talking about it. Your first post is a jumble of words, not Science.

-Dan
Thanks from lemgruber
topsquark is offline  
June 9th, 2015, 02:02 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Joined: Dec 2014
From: Brazil

Posts: 203
Thanks: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by topsquark View Post
There's no controversy. I am telling you that you have so much wrong in here that I can't even find a place to start talking about it. Your first post is a jumble of words, not Science.

-Dan
Dan,

I quit, you right.

Lucio
lemgruber is offline  
June 9th, 2015, 02:44 PM   #6
Math Team
 
Joined: Dec 2013
From: Colombia

Posts: 7,660
Thanks: 2635

Math Focus: Mainly analysis and algebra
If I might correct one fairly serious error that might also correct a few more:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemgruber View Post
Time is intrinsic related to concept of move
Time is not related to movement, but to change. Some things move, others do not, but almost everything changes, whether that be position, colour or form. Time is the metric we use to measure how quickly things change.
Thanks from lemgruber
v8archie is offline  
June 9th, 2015, 05:45 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Joined: Dec 2014
From: Brazil

Posts: 203
Thanks: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8archie View Post
If I might correct one fairly serious error that might also correct a few more:
Time is not related to movement, but to change. Some things move, others do not, but almost everything changes, whether that be position, colour or form. Time is the metric we use to measure how quickly things change.
This is correct, Archie, I must use the concept of change, not the move, but I make this confusion because I suppose, what even in stationary the changes be in movement, the move of time, although seems that particules or other corpus seems stationary to an observe in state stationary too.

Lucio
lemgruber is offline  
June 10th, 2015, 01:27 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2014
From: Glasgow

Posts: 2,155
Thanks: 731

Math Focus: Physics, mathematical modelling, numerical and computational solutions
One of my physics lecturer once answered the question "What is time?" His answer was "something measured by clocks". It's a very good answer! I find an interpretation considering time as just a physical variable much more appealing than anything involving a comparison with real world objects like "fabrics" or whatever.

Also, regarding this:

Quote:
what even in stationary the changes be in movement, the move of time, although seems that particules or other corpus seems stationary to an observe in state stationary too.
Consider how we would interpret time if everything just stopped changing. If literally everything in the whole universe stopped changing (even particles would stop moving and jiggling and colliding with each other), then we might as well say that time has stopped.
Thanks from lemgruber
Benit13 is offline  
June 11th, 2015, 05:13 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Joined: Dec 2014
From: Brazil

Posts: 203
Thanks: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benit13 View Post
One of my physics lecturer once answered the question "What is time?" His answer was "something measured by clocks". It's a very good answer! I find an interpretation considering time as just a physical variable much more appealing than anything involving a comparison with real world objects like "fabrics" or whatever.

Also, regarding this:



Consider how we would interpret time if everything just stopped changing. If literally everything in the whole universe stopped changing (even particles would stop moving and jiggling and colliding with each other), then we might as well say that time has stopped.

Leaves the question, how many energy is necessary to put our time machine working?


Lucio
lemgruber is offline  
June 12th, 2015, 01:16 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2014
From: Glasgow

Posts: 2,155
Thanks: 731

Math Focus: Physics, mathematical modelling, numerical and computational solutions
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemgruber View Post
Leaves the question, how many energy is necessary to put our time machine working?


Lucio
Perhaps we should wait until we have a design for a working time machine before we ask that question!
Thanks from lemgruber
Benit13 is offline  
Reply

  My Math Forum > Science Forums > Physics

Tags
direction, flow, times



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
force and direction Melody2 Physics 2 October 28th, 2013 03:44 PM
Looking for Someone to Point me in the right direction ROSJ61 Advanced Statistics 1 September 25th, 2013 06:01 PM
Need a little direction.... Aimee-D Advanced Statistics 1 July 26th, 2012 04:10 AM
Direction of max increase jj007 Calculus 3 June 8th, 2010 08:57 AM
Flow Integral OSearcy4 Calculus 7 November 6th, 2009 02:53 AM





Copyright © 2019 My Math Forum. All rights reserved.