My Math Forum  

Go Back   My Math Forum > Science Forums > Physics

Physics Physics Forum


Thanks Tree5Thanks
  • 2 Post By Joppy
  • 2 Post By Denis
  • 1 Post By Maschke
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
May 27th, 2017, 06:47 PM   #1
Banned Camp
 
Joined: Aug 2011

Posts: 534
Thanks: 2

Measuring Resonance of Musical Instruments.

Can we measure Resonance of Musical instruments viz Guitar,Piano,Bass,Trumpet,Violin,Saxophone etc?

Can Benchmarking be done for measuring Resonance of Musical instruments?

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Last edited by prashantakerkar; May 27th, 2017 at 06:49 PM.
prashantakerkar is offline  
 
May 27th, 2017, 07:23 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2016
From: Australia

Posts: 1,232
Thanks: 427

Math Focus: Yet to find out.
It's the weekend prashant, take a break, put your feet up.
Thanks from Denis and romsek
Joppy is offline  
May 27th, 2017, 08:06 PM   #3
Math Team
 
Joined: Oct 2011
From: Ottawa Ontario, Canada

Posts: 9,800
Thanks: 651

With your feet up as Joppy suggests,
relax and listen to:

Spider Murphy played the tenor saxophone
Little Joe was blowin' on the slide trombone
The drummer boy from Illinois went crash, boom, bang
The whole rhythm section was the Purple Gang

Let's rock everybody, let's rock
Everybody in the whole cell block
Was dancin' to the Jailhouse Rock
Thanks from Maschke and Joppy
Denis is online now  
May 27th, 2017, 08:33 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2012

Posts: 1,414
Thanks: 342

I just want to say that I'm a fan of these surrealistic free-form threads. There's something about them ...
Thanks from Joppy

Last edited by Maschke; May 27th, 2017 at 08:39 PM.
Maschke is offline  
May 27th, 2017, 11:11 PM   #5
Banned Camp
 
Joined: Aug 2011

Posts: 534
Thanks: 2

Thanks.

Can we measure resonance frequency of these musical instruments with benchmarks?

The Research results can be published in Microsoft's excel spreadsheet software.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar
prashantakerkar is offline  
May 28th, 2017, 12:16 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2012

Posts: 1,414
Thanks: 342

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashantakerkar View Post

Can we measure resonance frequency of these musical instruments with benchmarks?
If not, we might try bench presses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashantakerkar View Post
The Research results can be published in Microsoft's excel spreadsheet software.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar
Are you a bot?
Maschke is offline  
May 28th, 2017, 06:37 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2008

Posts: 250
Thanks: 45

Beer soaked fake gratitude follows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prashantakerkar View Post
Can we measure Resonance of Musical instruments viz Guitar,Piano,Bass,Trumpet,Violin,Saxophone etc?

Can Benchmarking be done for measuring Resonance of Musical instruments?

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar
Quote:
Originally Posted by prashantakerkar View Post
Thanks.

Can we measure resonance frequency of these musical instruments with benchmarks?

The Research results can be published in Microsoft's excel spreadsheet software.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar
Thank you for those thought-provoking, intellectually invigorating questions.
jonah is offline  
May 28th, 2017, 07:45 AM   #8
Math Team
 
Joined: Oct 2011
From: Ottawa Ontario, Canada

Posts: 9,800
Thanks: 651

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maschke View Post
Are you a bot?
Hope he's ABOT to get banned...
Denis is online now  
May 30th, 2017, 01:08 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2014
From: Glasgow

Posts: 2,021
Thanks: 666

Math Focus: Physics, mathematical modelling, numerical and computational solutions
Quote:
Originally Posted by prashantakerkar View Post
Can we measure Resonance of Musical instruments viz Guitar,Piano,Bass,Trumpet,Violin,Saxophone etc?
Yes.

Quote:
Can Benchmarking be done for measuring Resonance of Musical instruments?
Yes.
Benit13 is online now  
Reply

  My Math Forum > Science Forums > Physics

Tags
benchmarks, instruments, measuring, musical, resonance



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
E-commerce (B2C) websites for Musical instruments. prashantakerkar Computer Science 2 April 12th, 2017 11:45 PM
Resonance Frequency (statistics) JamSmith Physics 9 April 5th, 2017 08:10 AM
Measuring Reflections icor1031 Algebra 8 April 3rd, 2014 04:08 PM
Maths of the appeal of musical instruments gin palace Art 2 October 30th, 2011 10:31 PM





Copyright © 2017 My Math Forum. All rights reserved.