My Math Forum  

Go Back   My Math Forum > College Math Forum > Number Theory

Number Theory Number Theory Math Forum


Thanks Tree3Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
April 20th, 2018, 08:03 AM   #21
Banned Camp
 
Joined: Aug 2012

Posts: 153
Thanks: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micrm@ss View Post
God, why are crackpots always so arrogant...
We give what we get....mathematician's are utterly arrogant....so when dealing with them I reflect this attribute....it is the only course of action


case in point.....in my previous version....i left things undefined....you did not like it....I addressed it......yet you still had nothing to say...

"even though I fixed your only complaint.......it was still beneath your arrogant attention"
Conway51 is offline  
 
April 20th, 2018, 08:18 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2015
From: England

Posts: 891
Thanks: 269

Having got all that out of your system, perhaps you should take a long hard look at the last two or three lines of my post where I am offering you something to go look up, something which might actually cover what you are seeking.

I can only say might because I still don't know what it is you are seeking, and so 'extended fields' is only a guess.
studiot is offline  
April 20th, 2018, 09:02 AM   #23
Banned Camp
 
Joined: Aug 2012

Posts: 153
Thanks: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by studiot View Post
Having got all that out of your system, perhaps you should take a long hard look at the last two or three lines of my post where I am offering you something to go look up, something which might actually cover what you are seeking.




I can only say might because I still don't know what it is you are seeking, and so 'extended fields' is only a guess.



I said as much already...i said it would take time to consider this....you repeat it why?
Conway51 is offline  
April 20th, 2018, 10:10 AM   #24
Math Team
 
Joined: Dec 2013
From: Colombia

Posts: 7,512
Thanks: 2514

Math Focus: Mainly analysis and algebra
There are probably a few reasons that you get short shrift on occasion. Not the least of these is you lack of understanding of why it makes sense (and is actually useful) for division by zero to be undefined. You are trying to create a solution to a problem that only exists in your mind. Another reason is that you clearly know very little about how algebraic structures work. As a result, everything you propose seems to either not work at all or to create more problems than it fixes.

There's a reason that mathematicians settled on the system they did. It's the one that makes most sense.
v8archie is offline  
April 20th, 2018, 11:12 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2009

Posts: 630
Thanks: 193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conway51 View Post
We give what we get....mathematician's are utterly arrogant....so when dealing with them I reflect this attribute....it is the only course of action


case in point.....in my previous version....i left things undefined....you did not like it....I addressed it......yet you still had nothing to say...

"even though I fixed your only complaint.......it was still beneath your arrogant attention"
My sincere apologies for not responding, but I had some real math to do. I discussed some of the merits of your new system with you. You seemed to disagree, and I didn't understand what exactly you were talking about. So I leave it at that.

I hope you don't get frustrated with your experience here, but this is the kind of reaction you will get all the time from people. Better get used to it, or change your style.
Micrm@ss is offline  
April 20th, 2018, 12:03 PM   #26
Banned Camp
 
Joined: Aug 2012

Posts: 153
Thanks: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8archie View Post
There are probably a few reasons that you get short shrift on occasion. Not the least of these is you lack of understanding of why it makes sense (and is actually useful) for division by zero to be undefined. You are trying to create a solution to a problem that only exists in your mind. Another reason is that you clearly know very little about how algebraic structures work. As a result, everything you propose seems to either not work at all or to create more problems than it fixes.

There's a reason that mathematicians settled on the system they did. It's the one that makes most sense.
I could not pose the questions I pose if I did not have an understanding of these things....

I could not debate if I didn't have an understanding of these things...

It is not that I do not understand it is that I disagree...and prefer to work on alternatives....which pisses you off to no end!


Again you speak only to stroke your ego......clearly!
Conway51 is offline  
April 20th, 2018, 12:04 PM   #27
Banned Camp
 
Joined: Aug 2012

Posts: 153
Thanks: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micrm@ss View Post
My sincere apologies for not responding, but I had some real math to do. I discussed some of the merits of your new system with you. You seemed to disagree, and I didn't understand what exactly you were talking about. So I leave it at that.

I hope you don't get frustrated with your experience here, but this is the kind of reaction you will get all the time from people. Better get used to it, or change your style.
I am very used to it....as evidenced by my MANY posts....

I have not changed my style...as evidenced by my MANY posts...

no it is YOU who should "get used" to cranks....

or learn not to respond......ask romesk how this one turns out....he can tell you well....if you TRULY consider me a crank....don't respond at all....bc doing so only makes YOU a troll.
Conway51 is offline  
April 20th, 2018, 12:11 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2009

Posts: 630
Thanks: 193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conway51 View Post
no it is YOU who should "get used" to cranks....
I don't see why I shoud.

Quote:
or learn not to respond......ask romesk how this one turns out....he can tell you well....if you TRULY consider me a crank....don't respond at all....bc doing so only makes YOU a troll.
Sure. Glad you noticed. I enjoy conversing with cranks a lot. Some of them have an interesting idea and I do like to talk to them. Other people are just fun to troll. Of course I'm a troll, everybody in this thread is, glad you noticed!
Micrm@ss is offline  
April 20th, 2018, 12:24 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2009

Posts: 630
Thanks: 193

Wait you were actually thinking everybody here is trying their best to discredit you, and we were all getting angry? Wow. No dude, everybody here is enjoying their posts, and is just having fun with you. I fear the only one taking this seriously is you. Nobody is gnashing their teeth here.

It's like talking to a flat earth person. It's fun to debate him, you know. After a while it gets boring and you stop. Nobody took the debate any seriously except the flat earther. We just had some fun and wasted some time. Did you not realize this?
Micrm@ss is offline  
April 20th, 2018, 12:40 PM   #30
Banned Camp
 
Joined: Aug 2012

Posts: 153
Thanks: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micrm@ss View Post
I don't see why I shoud.



Sure. Glad you noticed. I enjoy conversing with cranks a lot. Some of them have an interesting idea and I do like to talk to them. Other people are just fun to troll. Of course I'm a troll, everybody in this thread is, glad you noticed!
dont worry i also like conversing with trolls...and I will teach you now....as long as you keep replying that is...you look like you might have some endurance...let us begin then....
Conway51 is offline  
Reply

  My Math Forum > College Math Forum > Number Theory

Tags
element, equivalency



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ramanujan's inverse pi equivalency? vptran31 Algebra 7 March 21st, 2014 09:21 AM
Set with one element blabla Applied Math 3 April 12th, 2012 04:05 PM
Identity Element bewade123 Abstract Algebra 3 February 23rd, 2012 05:54 PM
Combinations of two-element set roat00 Advanced Statistics 0 November 11th, 2011 04:24 PM
Can a set with one element be a field? AlgebraGirl Abstract Algebra 4 June 3rd, 2011 08:44 AM





Copyright © 2018 My Math Forum. All rights reserved.