My Math Forum  

Go Back   My Math Forum > College Math Forum > Number Theory

Number Theory Number Theory Math Forum


Thanks Tree1Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
April 15th, 2018, 12:40 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2009

Posts: 436
Thanks: 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conway51 View Post
lol...ok.....so post #12 puts us in agreement 0 is equal to any number or type of operations on itself by itself.....shall we continue...


on a side note....what is the difference between 0 and undefined as the sum......?....lol
So you agree that 0*0 = 0 then since the product rule of probability forces us to?
Micrm@ss is offline  
 
April 15th, 2018, 12:42 PM   #22
Banned Camp
 
Joined: Aug 2012

Posts: 153
Thanks: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micrm@ss View Post
So you agree that 0*0 = 0 then since the product rule of probability forces us to?
I agreed that operations of zero by zero are not expressible as a sum...lucky for me....


0 and 0 * 0 are already the SAME thing in mathematics.......
Conway51 is offline  
April 15th, 2018, 12:43 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2009

Posts: 436
Thanks: 147

Since you probably don't understand probability or set theory, here's another one.

If you buy n bananas and m coconuts, the total prize you pay is
n*(prize of a banana) + m*(prize of a coconut)

So every day three people come in the store.
Person 1 buys 1 banana and 3 coconuts.
Person 2 buys 0 bananas and 2 coconuts.
Person 3 buys 3 bananas and 0 coconuts.

So if one day the store holds a sale and hands out bananas for 0 dollars and coconuts for 1 dollar, person 1 pays 3 dollars, person 3 pays 0 dollars, and person 2 pays undefined dollars? Nice.
Micrm@ss is offline  
April 15th, 2018, 12:44 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2009

Posts: 436
Thanks: 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conway51 View Post
0 and 0 * 0 are already the SAME thing in mathematics.......
So if they are the same thing, then 0=0*0. Good.
Micrm@ss is offline  
April 15th, 2018, 12:45 PM   #25
Banned Camp
 
Joined: Aug 2012

Posts: 153
Thanks: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micrm@ss View Post
Since you probably don't understand probability or set theory, here's another one.

If you buy n bananas and m coconuts, the total prize you pay is
n*(prize of a banana) + m*(prize of a coconut)

So every day three people come in the store.
Person 1 buys 1 banana and 3 coconuts.
Person 2 buys 0 bananas and 2 coconuts.
Person 3 buys 3 bananas and 0 coconuts.

So if one day the store holds a sale and hands out bananas for 0 dollars and coconuts for 1 dollar, person 1 pays 3 dollars, person 3 pays 0 dollars, and person 2 pays undefined dollars? Nice.


Nothing in mathematics requires us to operate on varying amounts of zero.....a string of zero's with operators is just fine for a solution

There is no difference between paying 0 dollars for a fruit and paying undefined for the fruit....again...I offered a solution to by pass this problem...perhaps you do not wish to discuss this but only debate?
Conway51 is offline  
April 15th, 2018, 12:48 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2009

Posts: 436
Thanks: 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conway51 View Post
There is no difference between paying 0 dollars for a fruit and paying undefined for the fruit....again...I offered a solution to by pass this problem...perhaps you do not wish to discuss this but only debate?
Cool.

Why don't you write some software for a store which computes how much the client should pay for their purchase. Then go explain to them why some clients had to pay an "undefined" number of dollars. Good luck. But at least n/0 works!
Micrm@ss is offline  
April 15th, 2018, 12:49 PM   #27
Banned Camp
 
Joined: Aug 2012

Posts: 153
Thanks: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micrm@ss View Post
Cool.

Why don't you write some software for a store which computes how much the client should pay for their purchase. Then go explain to them why some clients had to pay an "undefined" number of dollars. Good luck. But at least n/0 works!
If I told them paying undefined was the same as zero...do you think they would care?


Thank you for your time....seriously. Good luck.
Conway51 is offline  
April 15th, 2018, 12:53 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2009

Posts: 436
Thanks: 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conway51 View Post
If I told them paying undefined was the same as zero...do you think they would care?


Thank you for your time....seriously. Good luck.
If zero is the same as undefined, why not just output zero? Why invent a new name for zero?
Micrm@ss is offline  
April 15th, 2018, 12:56 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2009

Posts: 436
Thanks: 147

And as somebody who has written software for companies: yes, they would definitely care if some of their output got to be "undefined" and I told them to just "interpret it as zero". I'd get fired on the spot.
Micrm@ss is offline  
April 15th, 2018, 12:58 PM   #30
Banned Camp
 
Joined: Aug 2012

Posts: 153
Thanks: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micrm@ss View Post
If zero is the same as undefined, why not just output zero? Why invent a new name for zero?
I did not invent a new name...I "invented" an integer form of the element...the element zero is fundamental and can not be "outputted".....

I do not really believe I invented anything......as the ONLY form of defense standing in front of "multiple additive identities" is the equal sign.......

"numerical superstition"

It is fortitious that superposition already exists....and can lend credence to this thought....
Conway51 is offline  
Reply

  My Math Forum > College Math Forum > Number Theory

Tags
numerical, superposition, superpostion



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Superposition of waves LUPhysics Trigonometry 1 May 9th, 2016 02:38 PM
antimatter by superposition of light BenFRayfield Physics 1 April 13th, 2015 05:37 AM
Superposition flames Kinroh Physics 2 March 2nd, 2015 05:34 AM
Differential equations/Princ. of superposition? zibb3r Differential Equations 2 September 14th, 2013 11:45 AM
differential equations - superposition principle mbradar2 Differential Equations 2 December 15th, 2010 06:02 AM





Copyright © 2018 My Math Forum. All rights reserved.