My Math Forum  

Go Back   My Math Forum > Math Forums > Math

Math General Math Forum - For general math related discussion and news

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
March 30th, 2018, 01:22 AM   #1
Joined: Feb 2014

Posts: 7
Thanks: 0

What do you call this type of problem

When you have a question that requires you to look at a chart or graph then answer the question using math what are these types of questions called? are they just word problems or is there another name for them? any advice on how I can get better at doing these types of questions ?
maxmac97 is offline  
March 30th, 2018, 06:13 PM   #2
Senior Member
romsek's Avatar
Joined: Sep 2015
From: USA

Posts: 2,299
Thanks: 1220

that's a pretty general description you've given.

There is no particular name for such problems as far as I know.

Practice is usually the answer for how to get better at anything. Do you have a source of practice problems of this type?
romsek is offline  

  My Math Forum > Math Forums > Math

call, problem, type

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What do you call this type of graph?Complete SemiBipartite?! Applied Math 7 October 5th, 2010 09:47 PM
Not sure how to call this problem 3ztt Algebra 3 February 8th, 2009 06:17 PM

Copyright © 2019 My Math Forum. All rights reserved.