|December 3rd, 2016, 10:29 AM||#1|
Joined: Dec 2016
From: Somewhere in middle of the east
I have been struggling with question for quite sometime, can anyone help me out?
A cylindrical jar of radius 14 cm is filled with water up to a height of 24 cm. 14 spherical balls of radius 2 cm each are immersed in the jar. find the new level to which water is filed in the jar.
|December 3rd, 2016, 11:07 AM||#2|
Joined: Jan 2015
1) What is the volume of a cylinder of radius 14 cm and height 24 cm? That is the volume of the water.
2) What is the volume of a single sphere of radius 2 cm?
3) What is the volume of 14 such spheres?
4) So what is the total volume of the water and 14 spheres?
5) Since that is all contained in a cylinder of radius 14 cm, what height in that cylinder will give that total volume?
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|volumes||aletex||Calculus||1||December 13th, 2015 06:17 AM|
|volumes by slicing||cheyb93||Calculus||1||March 21st, 2013 12:15 PM|
|Volumes using integration||nicoleb||Calculus||1||January 30th, 2013 12:54 AM|
|Volumes of Revolution||bilano99||Calculus||2||December 26th, 2012 11:49 AM|
|Volumes||aaron-math||Calculus||12||October 14th, 2011 07:00 PM|