My Math Forum  

Go Back   My Math Forum > High School Math Forum > Geometry

Geometry Geometry Math Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
April 2nd, 2016, 03:11 PM   #1
Joined: May 2011

Posts: 10
Thanks: 0

Question Is there an all-inclusive term that applies to difference or comparison? Is there a s

If I have

C = B-A

I guess I can say C is B with a origin or base that is not 0, but A.
I assume (?) C is called the delta from A to B. Now, there's a lot of things that concern this type of operation of having a different starting reference. Like when I measure the angle between two vectors I can assume I'm making one of them my new base (especially if I want a 360ยบ range and not just 180).
Is there an abstract name for this comparison operation, put something in a perspective of something else?
Also, Is there a name for the resulting value applicable to many types of transformation? Is "delta" it? Can I say rotation delta or scale delta, etc?

More over is there a symbol to denote "origin" or "base" or "reference" that one can use as a mark to indicate that one of two variables is the new base or the other is being put in reference of the one with the mark?

probiner is offline  

  My Math Forum > High School Math Forum > Geometry

allinclusive, applies, comparison, difference, term

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Comparison, Limit Comparison, and Splitting Sums. zaff9 Calculus 1 April 18th, 2013 06:05 AM
Difference of squares help and 4 term difficult question. link107 Algebra 3 February 11th, 2012 09:36 PM
Comparison Test/Limit Comparison Test Questions fuzzwaz Calculus 3 November 5th, 2011 02:34 PM
Term by term differentiation forcesofodin Real Analysis 4 August 14th, 2010 05:50 PM
question about exclusive/inclusive 'OR' in logic pilfer00 Applied Math 1 June 7th, 2009 06:55 AM

Copyright © 2019 My Math Forum. All rights reserved.