My Math Forum  

Go Back   My Math Forum > High School Math Forum > Elementary Math

Elementary Math Fractions, Percentages, Word Problems, Equations, Inequations, Factorization, Expansion


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
July 3rd, 2013, 08:28 AM   #1
Newbie
 
Joined: Jul 2013

Posts: 1
Thanks: 0

Sales conversion linked to sales enquiries and orders

Hello,

I am not a maths genius so I'll try to explain it as clearly as I can.

I am trying to find a graph which I can use to demonstrate the relation between three variables the fourth value is month:

- Number of sales enquiries
- enquiry/sales conversion
- order processing

It is easy to see the relationship if I look at two variables e.g. enquiries / (enquiry/sales conversion) or enquiries / order processing but what I need is to generate a visual presentation that shows me the relation between the three and ideally at what stage I reach the optimum enquiry/sales conversion.

I have attached an excel work sheet with the data that I am looking at and I am trying to find out what the combination enquiries and orders has on the conversion rate.

The obvious conclusion is that if a sales person spends a lot of time executing orders he will have less time on converting enquiries, however if there are only a few enquiries to deal with at the time when he is busy executing orders then he can still have a high conversion percentage.

On the other hand if he has few orders but lots of enquiries to deal with, then he can also have a low conversion...

Not every enquiry will convert into a sales so although I would like a higher conversion I assume that 25% of the enquiries are 'convertable' and that the remaining 75% would never convert to a sales no matter what we do.

So how, in graphical form, can I see what combination between enquiries and orders will give me the best enquiry / sales conversion or in other words, what impact has a busy order month with lots of enquiries have on my conversion figure?

I have been struggling with this and look forward to receiving some suggestions (in plain English please as I am not a maths genius.)

Thanks!

Rogier
Attached Files
File Type: xls Book1.xls (25.0 KB, 22 views)
Rocky is offline  
 
July 3rd, 2013, 08:55 AM   #2
Math Team
 
Joined: Oct 2011
From: Ottawa Ontario, Canada

Posts: 14,597
Thanks: 1039

Re: Sales conversion linked to sales enquiries and orders

http://www.google.ca/#output=search&scl ... 24&bih=662
Denis is offline  
Reply

  My Math Forum > High School Math Forum > Elementary Math

Tags
conversion, enquiries, linked, orders, sales



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sales price calculation spitzke Algebra 5 March 26th, 2014 11:20 AM
Sales forecasting Spook Advanced Statistics 1 September 13th, 2012 04:55 AM
Not sure about the increased sales target tomb Economics 5 November 16th, 2011 10:06 AM
Customer sales Dld3 Economics 3 November 2nd, 2011 11:17 AM
Sales price calculation spitzke Calculus 0 December 31st, 1969 04:00 PM





Copyright © 2019 My Math Forum. All rights reserved.