My Math Forum  

Go Back   My Math Forum > High School Math Forum > Elementary Math

Elementary Math Fractions, Percentages, Word Problems, Equations, Inequations, Factorization, Expansion


Thanks Tree3Thanks
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
July 4th, 2017, 09:12 AM   #11
Math Team
 
Joined: Jul 2011
From: Texas

Posts: 2,598
Thanks: 1287

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8archie View Post
Yes it does. I linked an example in one of your threads the other day. I'm not surprised that you don't accept it because you refuse to accept $\pi$ as a constant, but that's your problem not anyone else's.
skeeter is offline  
 
July 4th, 2017, 09:44 AM   #12
Banned Camp
 
Joined: Jul 2010

Posts: 118
Thanks: 0

If you really know proof,

If you really know proof, please present it.
Wikipedia does not have such proof.
aetzbar is offline  
July 4th, 2017, 09:47 AM   #13
Banned Camp
 
Joined: Jul 2010

Posts: 118
Thanks: 0

If you really know proof,

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8archie View Post
Yes it does. I linked an example in one of your threads the other day. I'm not surprised that you don't accept it because you refuse to accept $\pi$ as a constant, but that's your problem not anyone else's.
If you really know proof, please present it.
Wikipedia does not have such proof.
aetzbar is offline  
July 4th, 2017, 12:03 PM   #14
Math Team
 
Joined: Dec 2013
From: Colombia

Posts: 6,876
Thanks: 2240

Math Focus: Mainly analysis and algebra
$$\frac{c_1}{d_1} = \frac{c_2}{d_2}$$
by Proof: Pi is Constant | Math Wiki | Fandom powered by Wikia

Then by algebraic manipulation
$$\frac{c_1}{c_2} = \frac{d_1}{d_2}$$

Tough huh?
v8archie is offline  
July 4th, 2017, 01:03 PM   #15
Banned Camp
 
Joined: Jul 2010

Posts: 118
Thanks: 0

The mathematical handling of squares , is very simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8archie View Post
$$\frac{c_1}{d_1} = \frac{c_2}{d_2}$$
by Proof: Pi is Constant | Math Wiki | Fandom powered by Wikia

Then by algebraic manipulation
$$\frac{c_1}{c_2} = \frac{d_1}{d_2}$$

Tough huh?
If c 1 = 3 then d 1 = ( 3 : 4 ) root 2
if c 2 = 137 then d 2 = ( 137 : 4 ) root 2

c 1 : c 2 = d 1 : d 2
c 1 : d 1 = c 2 : d 2 = 2 ( root 2 ) = ki

ki is the constant number of all squares = 2 (root 2 ) = 2.8284271...

The mathematical handling of circles , is impossible

thanks
aetzbar is offline  
July 4th, 2017, 01:37 PM   #16
Math Team
 
Joined: Dec 2013
From: Colombia

Posts: 6,876
Thanks: 2240

Math Focus: Mainly analysis and algebra
Quote:
Originally Posted by aetzbar View Post
The mathematical handling of circles , is impossible
That's not an argument. It's a plain assertion without evidence.

By the way, your theory doesn't hold up. If there is a constant for squares, there must be a constant for circles otherwise mathematics becomes inconsistent. In reality, of course, its measurement (and construction) that's inconsistent.
v8archie is offline  
July 4th, 2017, 01:57 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2016
From: USA

Posts: 740
Thanks: 299

My advice: stop feeding the troll.

My recommendation: ban the clown.

I do not advocated banning mariga: he tries to present well reasoned arguments.

I do not advocate banning complicatemodulus: he tries to present arguments.

I do advocate banning this dolt: he does not know have any idea what a rational argument is.
Thanks from topsquark
JeffM1 is offline  
July 4th, 2017, 02:08 PM   #18
Banned Camp
 
Joined: Jul 2010

Posts: 118
Thanks: 0

Try moving forward from here

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8archie View Post
That's not an argument. It's a plain assertion without evidence.

By the way, your theory doesn't hold up. If there is a constant for squares, there must be a constant for circles otherwise mathematics becomes inconsistent. In reality, of course, its measurement (and construction) that's inconsistent.
c 1 of circle = 3 mm
c 2 of circle = 137 mm

c 1 : c 2 (????) d 1 : d 2

c 1 : d 1 ( ????) c 2 : d 2

The mathematical handling of circles is impossible.

thanks
aetzbar is offline  
July 4th, 2017, 03:31 PM   #19
Math Team
 
Joined: Dec 2013
From: Colombia

Posts: 6,876
Thanks: 2240

Math Focus: Mainly analysis and algebra
For you, clearly. The rest of the world manages quite well.

I read those question marks as "oh no! My ruler can't measure to that accuracy! This must be impossible."

Last edited by v8archie; July 4th, 2017 at 03:56 PM.
v8archie is offline  
Closed Thread

  My Math Forum > High School Math Forum > Elementary Math

Tags
physmath



Thread Tools
Display Modes






Copyright © 2017 My Math Forum. All rights reserved.