My Math Forum  

Go Back   My Math Forum > College Math Forum > Calculus

Calculus Calculus Math Forum


Thanks Tree2Thanks
  • 2 Post By topsquark
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
February 28th, 2019, 06:03 PM   #1
Newbie
 
Joined: Feb 2019
From: NICE

Posts: 2
Thanks: 0

Angry Help Needed please I don't know where to start from.

The question is.
Consider the function f(x)=sqrt(x)/sin(x),0<x<pi
Show that the x coordinate of the minimum point on the curve y=f(x) satisfies the equation tan x=2x
the question is worth 5 marks/points
goodboi is offline  
 
February 28th, 2019, 06:10 PM   #2
Math Team
 
topsquark's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2013
From: The Astral plane

Posts: 2,079
Thanks: 845

Math Focus: Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodboi View Post
The question is.
Consider the function f(x)=sqrt(x)/sin(x),0<x<pi
Show that the x coordinate of the minimum point on the curve y=f(x) satisfies the equation tan x=2x
the question is worth 5 marks/points
Where did you get this one? The problem looks okay but once you get the minimum point the rest is rather ridiculous.

How do you find the (relative) minimum of any function? (Hint, hint: Remember the endpoints of your interval.)

-Dan
Thanks from SenatorArmstrong and goodboi
topsquark is offline  
March 1st, 2019, 12:03 AM   #3
Newbie
 
Joined: Feb 2019
From: NICE

Posts: 2
Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by topsquark View Post
Where did you get this one? The problem looks okay but once you get the minimum point the rest is rather ridiculous.

How do you find the (relative) minimum of any function? (Hint, hint: Remember the endpoints of your interval.)

-Dan
I got it off of my math homework set for my HL math class (junior year of HS) and I forgot to mention that it is in fact a calculator question and the minimum point is (1.1656,1.174)

Last edited by goodboi; March 1st, 2019 at 12:14 AM.
goodboi is offline  
March 1st, 2019, 06:20 AM   #4
Math Team
 
topsquark's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2013
From: The Astral plane

Posts: 2,079
Thanks: 845

Math Focus: Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodboi View Post
I got it off of my math homework set for my HL math class (junior year of HS) and I forgot to mention that it is in fact a calculator question and the minimum point is (1.1656,1.174)
Sorry, I put the wrong equation in when I graphed it. So for your minimum what is tan(x)? What is 2x?

-Dan
topsquark is offline  
Reply

  My Math Forum > College Math Forum > Calculus

Tags
calculus, needed, start



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help me Don't know where to start Harmeed Physics 1 December 11th, 2018 04:01 AM
Where do I start? luckymarine Algebra 1 August 17th, 2011 07:11 PM
I don't know where to start! Vurg New Users 9 September 21st, 2010 12:02 AM
help I do not know where to start. chisolm01 Advanced Statistics 2 July 10th, 2008 03:14 PM
Where should I start? rabbit Elementary Math 6 January 15th, 2008 06:38 PM





Copyright © 2019 My Math Forum. All rights reserved.